A special thank you to Ryan Tirrell, Allied, ASID, who served as President of the New England Chapter of ASID over the course of the past year. Ryan has been committed to serving our chapter for several years, serving in a variety of Board roles, including President Elect and Communications Director.
Under Ryan's leadership, our Board of Directors accomplished a lot during the past year, including:
- Sponsored 6 continuing education units for our designer members at Boston Design Market Days at the Boston Design Center. Designer members of ASID are required to obtain 10 hours of CEUs every 2 years.
- Held 5 social and educational events – the Designer and the Chef, the AD20/21 Home Gala Preview, the Business of Design (hosted by the RI Design Community), Making a Grand Entrance (hosted by the RI Design Community), and our Annual Meeting.
- Co-sponsored other CEU programs with our Industry Partners throughout the calendar year.
- Hosted 2 NCIDQ prep courses, educating over 25 members about how to succeed in taking the exam.
- Sent three students to ASID’s nationwide student summit, SCALE.
- Sponsored the Universal Design Symposium in conjunction with Mount Ida College.
- Sponsored the Design New England Showdown and provided mentors for participating students.
- Sent our volunteer leaders to national leadership training to learn how to better manage our chapter, their design practices, and their careers in interior design.
- Developed relationships with other local organizations to proactively address legislative issues that affect the profession of interior design.
- Conducted outreach to local design schools to help students understand the importance of belonging to a professional organization, and started the process of launching new student chapters.
- Regularly published a bi-weekly e-blasts featuring educational, news, and marketing content.
- Developed a comprehensive strategic plan for Membership Drive to be carried out over the next two years.
- In 2018 ASID NE has been able to raise an additional $4,860.14 for the ASID NE Student Scholarship.
- Recognized the significant accomplishments of 6 ASID members who submitted projects to our 2018 Design Competition.
Thank you, Ryan! And, welcome to Jill Janasiewicz, ASID, our 2018-2019 President!