ASID New England’s 2018 Design Competition – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
WHAT | The American Society of Interior Designers New England chapter is awarding design excellence to a practicing Interior Designer, or Interior Architect.
WHEN |: Submissions Due by Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Winners will be recognized at the 2018 Annual Meeting in September 2018. Specific date to follow.
ELIGIBILITY | This competition is open to practicing ASID members who are currently working as an Interior Designer, or Interior Architect.
DESIGN CHALLENGE | The American Society of Interior Designers’ knows that interior design has the power to impact human lives – #DesignMatters.
For this competition, designers are asked to submit a completed project that best illustrates the impact of design. Please cite project scope, requirements, budget, and concept. Please highlight three specific aspects of the project to explain how your design positively impacts people and their built environment.
Use diagrams, drawings and other visuals from your project, accompanied by a brief written description to explain the challenges, issues, and constraints you designed around, and why your design solutions work.
- Whole House
- Pick A Room
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS | Please submit the following by May 30, 2018.
- Entry is available to ASID practitioners only.
- Fees: $125 for the first entry. $100 for each additional entry. Initial entry fee includes 1 ticket to Awards Event.
- Upon submission, you will receive a payment link to pay for your entry.
- 1 PDF of designer information – headshot, brief bio, firm information, logo, etc. and project brief totaling 200 words or less (see below)
- 1 PDF of completed project – photographs, floorplans, elevations, sketches, etc.
- 1 PDF document explaining the three impactful design elements with visuals from project and brief written description (totaling 500 words or less).
Please include the following information in the project brief:
- Project Name
- Project Scope
- Project Budget
- Project Requirements
- Project Concept
Please submit entire document in a single PDF format of no more than 3 pages. Each sheet should be labeled with the following information:
- Designer’s Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
*Failure to adhere to submission requirements will result in disqualification of entry*
JUDGING | The jury evaluates entries based on how successfully projects have met their individual requirements. Entries are judged individually – not in competition with each other.
SEND YOUR PDF FILE OR ANY QUESTIONS TO email@example.com.